The University of Johannesburg (UJ) Artists in Residence Programme 2023. Designed to stimulate arts practice as research, the UJ Artists in Residence Programme makes residencies available in Visual and Fine Arts, Music, Theatre, Performance and Dance, Design, Film and Television, and Literary Arts.
The programme is open for applications from new, emerging, and established artists from across the globe, but preferably with a connection to Africa. Artists are eligible to apply for physical or remote residencies at the institution and depending on the nature of the proposed residency, successful artists may work partly or completely remotely.
The Artists in Residence Programme enables artists by making monthly stipends available over a 12-month period and does not provide project or seed funding. Applicants are required to establish a working relationship with a department or division at the University of Johannesburg that will endorse their application and host their residency should the application be successful.
- Successful applicants will be offered a 12-month residency formalized through temporary employment at the institution. A monthly stipend of R10,000 (subject to statutory deductions) will be made available to Artists in Residence. The programme is designed as a stimulus programme and no additional project/seed funding will be made available through the programme.
University of Johannesburg (UJ) Artists in Residence Programme 2022 Eligibility
- Open to new, emerging and established artists from across the globe, but preferably with a connection to Africa.
- Artists are eligible to apply for physical and/or remote residencies at the institution. Thus, depending on the nature of the proposed residency, successful artists may work partly or completely remotely.
- Applicants may not be affiliated with another South African tertiary institution.
- Applications must be accompanied by a letter of endorsement by a UJ host department or division.
- Only proposals for projects that fall within the following disciplines will be eligible:
- Visual Arts and Fine Arts
- Performance and Dance
- Film and Television
- Literary Arts
- Artists in Residence positions are awarded on a competitive basis, taking the applicant’s career track record, level of productivity, academic writing experience or potential and residency proposal into account.
Application For University of Johannesburg (UJ) Artists in Residence Programme 2022
- Step 1: Applicants are required to acquire a letter of endorsement from a UJ department or division that will be the custodian of the project. Letters of endorsement should reflect on the role the department or division will play in the collaboration as well as the kind of enabling environment it is able to provide. Letters should include any administrative, physical and/or financial resources that the department or division will contribute to the collaborative Artists in Residence project(s). If additional project funding is required, a resourcing/fundraising strategy should be included in the project proposal.
- Step 2: Upon receipt of the letter of endorsement sent to firstname.lastname@example.org, the applicant will receive a link to complete the online Jotform application.
For more information, visit UJ Artists in Residence.
Application Deadline: July 31, 2022
JOBS YOU MAY ALSO LIKE TO APPLY
- The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work to be performed by people assigned to it.
- They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
- All personnel may be required to perform other responsibilities in addition to those specified from time to time, as needed.
- We do not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it.
- Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web.
- We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity inclusion. We do not discriminate on grounds of colour, race, nationality, religion, age, ethnic origin, disability, gender, marital status, or sexual orientation in our employment practices
- Our people are all equally gifted in unique ways: we come from diverse traditions, personal experiences and points of view. And we want to include yours, Are you ready to inspire us with your ideas?
- We encourage all applicants to apply and does not practice any discrimination in any recruitment process.
- Applications submitted after the deadline will not be considered.
- Due to the urgency of the position, we have the right to recruit a candidate who matches the required profile before the above deadline
- Only qualified candidates will be invited for interview
Recommended: New Job Openings at Julius Berger Nigeria Plc
- PINNACLE REPORT Is A Nigeria Online Media Platform, That share daily updates on available Jobs, vacancies, local and international scholarships, Government/international organization loans and grants.
- we can not assist any applicant secure a job, loan, grant or scholarship. We only share the information for interested persons to apply.
- Our admins will never call any applicant requesting for payment of my kind or request for any OTP code. Our services are absolutely free of charge. Beware of fraudsters
For more information, kindly drop any question in the comment box below.
Or kindly share through the WHATSAPP, TWITTER, FACEBOOK and LINKEDIN buttons below, you might help someone get a job. Thanks
To get our Jobs Update directly to your Phone, kindly follow us on WhatsApp-https://chat.whatsapp.com/I5ROWauDr0X8nbdPJSomFI
Or Kindly Join our telegraph Group via this link: https://t.me/joinchat/SYOfBCxgWuAhgl0F