Elizabeth Neuffer 2022/2023 Fellowship for Women Journalists: The Elizabeth Neuffer Fellowship provides academic and professional opportunities to advance the reporting skills of women and nonbinary journalists who focus on human rights and social justice.
The Fellowship was created in memory of The Boston Globe correspondent and IWMF Courage in Journalism Award (1998) winner Elizabeth Neuffer, who died while reporting in Iraq on May 9, 2003. In collaboration with Neuffer’s family and friends, the IWMF started this program to honor Neuffer’s legacy while advancing her work in the fields of human rights and social justice.
The Neuffer Fellowship is designed for women, nonbinary, or gender non-conforming journalists with at least three years of professional experience in journalism working in print, broadcast, or digital media, either as a staff journalist or as a freelancer. All nationalities are welcome to apply but non-native English speakers must have excellent written and verbal English skills in order to fully participate in and benefit from the program.
- The Neuffer Fellowship is open to women, non-binary, and gender-nonconforming journalists whose work focuses on human rights and social justice issues.
- All applicants for the Neuffer Fellowship must be working journalists with at least three years of full-time, professional journalism experience. Internships and journalism-related work completed as a university student do not count as professional experience. Applicants may be staff or freelance journalists.
- Journalists from any country around the world are eligible to apply. However, applicants must speak, read and write English fluently in order to fully participate in and benefit from the Fellowship.
- Neuffer Fellows receive a fixed monthly stipend to cover their living costs. The IWMF also arranges and covers the cost of housing in Cambridge and New York City for the fellow.
- The IWMF purchases round-trip economy airfare from the fellow’s place of residence to Washington, D.C., as well as transportation between the Fellowship cities.
- The fellow receives health insurance during the program.
- The Fellowship does not include a salary.
- For fellows residing outside of the United States, the Fellowship also covers the costs of applying for and obtaining a U.S. visa. The fellow is fully responsible for any additional incidental expenses and other costs.
A complete application will include the following information:
- Current résumé or CV
- Statement of interest
- Fellowship Goals
- Two work samples covering human rights or social justice issues (links preferred)
If work samples are not in English, applicants must upload their own translations along with a professional translator’s assessment of their accuracy. Alternatively, applicants may have their work samples translated professionally.
- Two letters of recommendation (in English)
- The application for the 2023 Neuffer Fellowship opens on March 1 and will close on April 15. To receive application notifications, sign up for the IWMF’s mailing list on our home page or follow our social media channels.
- The selection process concludes in June. All applicants are notified of their application status shortly thereafter. The press release announcing the Fellow is posted in July.
Application Deadline:15th April,2022
For More Information, visit Elizabeth Neuffer Fellowship 2022/2023.
- The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work to be performed by people assigned to it.
- They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
- All personnel may be required to perform other responsibilities in addition to those specified from time to time, as needed.
- We do not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it.
- Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web.
- We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity inclusion. We do not discriminate on grounds of colour, race, nationality, religion, age, ethnic origin, disability, gender, marital status, or sexual orientation in our employment practices
- Our people are all equally gifted in unique ways: we come from diverse traditions, personal experiences and points of view. And we want to include yours, Are you ready to inspire us with your ideas?
- We encourage all applicants to apply and does not practice any discrimination in any recruitment process.
- Applications submitted after the deadline will not be considered.
- Due to the urgency of the position, we have the right to recruit a candidate who matches the required profile before the above deadline
- Only qualified candidates will be invited for interview
- PINNACLE REPORT Is A Nigeria Online Media Platform, That share daily updates on available Jobs, vacancies, local and international scholarships, Government/international organization loans and grants.
- we can not assist any applicant secure a job, loan, grant or scholarship. We only share the information for interested persons to apply.
- Our admins will never call any applicant requesting for payment of my kind or request for any OTP code. Our services are absolutely free of charge. Beware of fraudsters
For more information, kindly drop any question in the comment box below.
Please kindly share through the WHATSAPP, TWITTER, FACEBOOK and LINKEDIN buttons below, you might help someone get a job. Thanks
To get our Jobs Update directly to your Phone, kindly follow us on WhatsApp-https://chat.whatsapp.com/Bsw9bcxr8iI6JXhxktvcxs
Or Kindly Join our telegraph Group via this link:https://chat.whatsapp.com/Iv7coBoiSXF1mDrBCX0j4b