Shell Petroleum Development Company (SPDC) Recruitment for Aviation Safety Advisor – Rivers and Lagos
Shell Petroleum Development Company (SPDC) is the pioneer and leader of the petroleum industry in Nigeria. We invest heavily in our employees, which is reflected in our industry-leading development programme and our commitment to see our employees’ ideas travel and come to fruition.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Aviation Safety Advisor
Ref No: R46370
Locations: Port Harcourt – Rivers, Lagos, Nigeria
Job Type: Full time
Job Family Group: Aircraft
Worker Type: Long Term International Assignment
Business unit: Upstream
Experience Level: Experienced Professionals
- We’re seeking someone who’s an expert in aviation and air operations. Here’s a role that will develop and grow your professional and personal skills, with the chance to make a real difference within a supportive, positive company.
Where you fit in:
- The Aviation Safety Advisor role will report to the Head of Aviation Services. Air operations in Nigeria are widely dispersed between airports (Ikeja, Forcados, Port Harcourt NAF Base & Osubi), Heliports (Port Harcourt IA & Warri IA) and up to 30 additional onshore heliports and offshore helidecks (some with integrated aviation fuel storage and dispensing facilities).
- The aviation department provides scheduled and ad-hoc helicopter support to many (Shell Exploration and Production Companies in Nigeria (SEPCiN) departments, manages a Short Take-Off & Landing FW service for staff.
- The department also provides safety oversight for the use of Remotely Piloted Aircraft Systems (RPAS) within SEPCiN.
- The Aviation Safety Advisor provides a technical overview of the Shell approved airlines for business travel in country and regionally.
What’s the Role?
- As an Aviation Safety Advisor, you need to ensure the safety of SEPCiN air operations by monitoring the safety standards of aviation on a domestic and regional basis. It includes the helicopter services contract, fixed-wing contract, helicopter & fixed-wing types, Air Transport facilities and the theatre of operations and additionally includes airline operations.
Your Further Accountabilities
- Liaise closely with Shell Aircraft to address any concerns about operational and safety performance.
- Work with Head of Aviation, ensuring SEPCiN operated airports and heliports, onshore heliports and helidecks comply with Health, Security, Safety, Environment and Social Performance (HSSE & SP) Control Framework (including the Air Transport Manual, Shell Group Requirements for Aircraft Operations (SGRAO) Facility Requirements (FACs)), CAP 437 and ICAO Annex 14 for design, equipment, maintenance and operation (including Shell Aviation standards for Aviation Fuel facilities).
- Monitor and advise on SEPCiN Helipad Inspections / Helideck Landing Officer/Helicopter Deck Assistant (HLO/HDA) training so that onshore heliports/ helidecks are maintained and equipped in accordance with Group requirements, and so that HLO/HDA training and competence requirements comply with the latest SGRAO FACs.
- Engage with air operators, internal stakeholders, other oil companies, regulatory authorities, aircraft manufacturers, air traffic control agencies and Shell Aircraft to improve the safety of aviation in Nigeria.
- Ensure that all aviation-related incidents are fully investigated, lessons learned, and remedial measures implemented, in co-operation with SEPCiN HSE advisers.
- Present aviation safety related KPIs, incidents and safety developments to SEPCiN managers and JV partners as required.
- Maintain the aviation safety management system, associated safety cases and interface documents to ensure they are current, robust, fit for purpose, and fully compliant with Shell Group standards.
- Manage audit programmes relating to air contractors, airlines and Air Transport facilities and advise on close out of audit actions.
- Carry out safety reviews on air operators and service providers, as required.
- Monitor and advise on safety-related contracts shared with other oil companies, such as for Search and Rescue.
- Maintain comprehensive records of aviation audits, recommendations, incidents, findings, actions, and deviations, using Radar, Fountain and Sharepoint.
- Liaise with Shell Aircraft on safety, technical and audit matters.
- Assuring HSSE-MS compliance, including impartial, effective incident investigation and risk reduction in an extremely challenging safety environment.
- Ensuring that air operator complies with Shell Group safety and operational requirements.
- Developing effective contacts with National Aviation regulators to foster real safety improvements in Nigerian civil aviation.
- Obtaining the commitment of airport, onshore heliports, and helideck owners to improve their facilities to required standards.
- Liaising with National authorities, JV partners and Nigerian Content and Development (NCD) when required, to endorse an aviation contract strategy that is aligned with Group strategies, including aircraft replacement programmes, equipment, and facility upgrade.
What we need from you?
- We’re keen to hear from individuals with at least 10 years of working experience as senior Aircraft Engineer (B1 or B2) or a commercial pilot with aviation operations background and preferably a Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent. Alongside this, we’d hope to see many of the following on your CV:
- Recent experience as an International Oil Company (IOC) Aviation Adviser and auditor, commercial aircraft engineer or maintenance personnel, commercial pilot.
- Experience as either chief engineer, training captain, flight safety officer, management pilot and air accident investigator and Human Factors Analysis and Classification System (HFACS) desirable.
- Experience as an Air Transport Facility Inspector/assessor with good knowledge of International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO) Annexes (6,12,13,14 &18), CAP 437 and Nigerian Civil Aviation Regulations.
- Experience managing or inspecting Aviation Fuel facilities to Shell Aviation or Joint Inspection Group (JIG) standards.
- Experience in RPAS operations either as an assessor or a qualified pilot.
- Recent experience of air operations in Nigeria.
- Current or former holder of B1/B2 aircraft engineer licence, or Air Transport Pilot’s Licence (helicopters and/or fixed wing) and Instrument Rating.
- Deep understanding of Shell (or other IOC) air safety management requirements.
- Deep understanding of aviation quality and safety management systems, the SGRAO (or similar) and international aviation requirements.
- High level of presentational, analytical and investigative skills.
- Confident leader with excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Competent in use of Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Radar, SAP and Fountain.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work to be performed by people assigned to this job.
- They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
- All personnel may be required to perform other responsibilities in addition to those specified from time to time, as needed.
- We do not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it.
- Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web.
- We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity inclusion. We do not discriminate on grounds of colour, race, nationality, religion, age, ethnic origin, disability, gender, marital status, or sexual orientation in our employment practices
- Our people are all equally gifted in unique ways: we come from diverse traditions, personal experiences and points of view. And we want to include yours, Are you ready to inspire us with your ideas?
- We encourage all applicants to apply and does not practice any discrimination in any recruitment process.
- Applications submitted after the deadline will not be considered.
- Due to the urgency of the position, we have the right to recruit a candidate who matches the required profile before the above deadline
- Only qualified candidates will be invited for interview
Scholarships you may like to Apply:
Chinese Government 2022/2023 Fully-Funded Scholarship Scheme
UNSW Sydney Academic Scholarships for International Students
University of New Heaven Presidential Scholarships for International Students
Shell Career Training Program in Reservoir Engineering
Tiger Brands Young Talent Opportunities for Young South Africans
International Excellence Scholarship at London Metropolitan University, UK
Maurice R. Greenberg World Fellows Program at Yale University
Burger King Mclamore Foundation Scholarship 2022/2023
Hertie School New Perspectives Scholarship for International Students
2022 Davenport University Scholarships for International Students
WAEL Oil and Gas Recruitment for Graduates and Experienced Professionals
Arco Marine and Oilfield Services Limited (AMOSL) Graduate Opportunities
UNSW Global Academic Award to Study in Australia 2022
2022/2023 Marian University International Scholarships for Study in USA
Postdoctoral Fellowship on Food Security and the Environment at Stanford University
DAAD In-Country/In-Region Programme Sub-Saharan Africa (Masters and PhD Studies) 2022 Scholarship.
Mercedes-Benz South Africa Graduate Development Programme 2022 (Paid Traineeship)
University of Toronto Fung Yiu King Memorial Scholarship
University of Copenhagen PhD Positions 2021-2022 [Paid Positions]
British Council International Collaboration Grants 2021 (£3.5m Support Grant)
Mastercard Data and Services Internship Program for Africans 2021/2022
Imperial College Business School Global Leadership Scholarship (Full Tuition Fee)
Tuition Scholarships for International Students at University of Lethbridge
Apply for Chevron Global Human Resources Internship
Apply For 2022 Canadian Queen Elizabeth II Diamond Jubilee Scholarships.
United World 2021/2022 Scholarships to Study in United States .
Scholarships 2022/23 for Low Income Country Students to Study in UK.
UNESCO International Centre for Biotechnology (UNECO ICB) 2021/2022 Scholarship Award
Association of Commonwealth Universities Gender Grants 2021
Swinburne University of Technology Scholarships for International Students
Kansas State University Future Student Scholarships and Awards 2022-23
Montana State University (MSU) Presidential Scholarship in USA (Fully funded)
- PINNACLE REPORT Is A Nigeria Online Media Platform, That share daily updates on available Jobs, vacancies, local and international scholarships, Government/international organization loans and grants.
- we can not assist any applicant secure a job, loan, grant or scholarship. We only share the information for interested persons to apply.
- Our admins will never call any applicant requesting for payment of my kind or request for any OTP code. Our services are absolutely free of charge. Beware of fraudsters
For more information, kindly drop any question in the comment box below.
Please kindly share through the WHATSAPP, TWITTER, FACEBOOK and LINKEDIN buttons below, you might help someone get a job. Thanks
To get our Jobs Update directly to your Phone, kindly follow us on WhatsApp-https://chat.whatsapp.com/Bsw9bcxr8iI6JXhxktvcxs
Or Kindly Join our telegraph Group via this link
Shell Petroleum Development Company (SPDC) Recruitment for Aviation Safety Advisor – Rivers and Lagos