African Development Bank Group (AfDB) – Established in 1964, the African Development Bank is the premier pan-African development institution, promoting economic growth and social progress across the continent. There are 80 member states, including 54 in Africa (Regional Member Countries). The Bank’s development agenda is delivering the financial and technical support for transformative projects that will significantly reduce poverty through inclusive and sustainable economic growth.
Applications are invited for:
Title: African Development Bank Group (AfDB) 2023 Mo Ibrahim Foundation Leadership Fellowship Program
Location: Abidjan, Cote D’ivoire
Position Number: 50100504
- Established in 2006, the Mo Ibrahim Foundation aims to support good governance and great leadership in Africa.
- The Foundation works to:
- Stimulate debate on good governance;
- Provide criteria by which citizens and governments can measure progress;
- Recognize achievement in African leadership and provide a practical way in which leaders can build positive legacies on the continent when they have left office;
- Support aspiring leaders for the African continent.
- The Mo Ibrahim Foundation (the “Foundation”) is financing the Ibrahim Leadership Fellowship position[i] in the African Development Bank (the “Bank”).
- The Fellow will perform the functions and duties of the position at the headquarters of the Bank in Abidjan, the Republic of Côte d’Ivoire, or in any other location from which the Bank carries out its operations.
- The Mo Ibrahim Leadership Fellowship Programme is a selective Fellowship that prepares the next generation of outstanding African leaders by providing them with unique work opportunities at the most senior level of prominent African institutions or multilateral organizations, whose mandate is to improve the economic and social prospects of Africa.
- The Fellowship allows talented individuals to increase and enhance their professional capacity, with the intention of contributing to the governance and development of their countries thereby creating a pipeline of future African leaders.
- The Fellow will work with the Bank for this purpose, for a period not exceeding twelve (12) months, and the Foundation will finance the costs associated with the position on the following terms:
Contract Terms and Duration
- The fellow will receive an annual stipend monthly paid by the Bank out of the funds provided by Foundation. The Fellow may be required to travel to different locations on instructions of the Bank. All expenses related to the Fellow’s official mission travel, including travel insurance but excluding travel and shipping costs relating to assumption of duty and repatriation, will be borne by the Bank.
- The Fellow will sign a contract with the Bank before commencement of service.
- For the duration of his/her contract with the Bank, the Fellow will, for all operational purposes and purposes of conduct, be required to comply with the Staff Regulations and Rules of the Bank. Only the Bank and not the Foundation shall be entitled to direct and instruct the Fellow in his/her performance or conduct during the course his/her assignment with the Bank.
- The Fellow is not a regular employee of the Bank or is not granted a right to employment with the Bank. There is no obligation to hire the Fellow and there is no presumption of future employment at the Bank upon expiration of the twelve (12) month fellowship Term. The Fellow shall not be eligible for recruitment as a staff member of the Bank for a period of 1 (one) year from the date of termination of his/her Fellowship with the Bank or expiration of the 12-month Fellowship term (whichever is sooner).
- The Fellow shall not participate in the Bank’s child educational scheme and staff medical insurance and retirement plans.
- The Mo Ibrahim Foundation will ensure that the Fellow has his/her own medical insurance, child education and retirement plan arrangements.
- The travel and shipping costs for the assumption of duty and repatriation at the end of the appointment will be borne and paid out of the Funds provided by the Foundation.
Jobs You May Like To Apply:
Latest Vacancies at the African Regional Institute for Geospatial Information Science and Technology (AFRIGIST)
Duties and Responsibilities
- The Ibrahim Leadership Fellow will take leadership guidance from the President, the Senior Vice President, the Chief of Staff and Director of Cabinet and/or a designated Representative.
- With this guidance, the Fellow will contribute to the design and implementation of strategic assignments that will increase and enhance their professional and leadership capacity, with the intention of contributing to the governance and development of their countries.
The Fellow will also have the following responsibilities:
- Design, develop and help implement innovative approaches to various strategic issues of importance to the Bank’s mission and objectives, based on international best practice.
- Undertake research and analysis of existing and emerging strategy, program and policy areas relevant for the Bank, as required.
- Assist with the monitoring and analysis of the implementation of various Bank Group initiatives as well as the regular work program, and prepare briefs, memos and other documentation that convey in non-technical terms the likely impact;
- Participate in high-level discussions and contribute to the preparation of the President’s meetings and missions; and
- Carry out any other assigned duties by relevant senior staff in the President’s office.
Selection Criteria: (Including Desirable Skills, Knowledge and Experience)
- The priority for the selection of the 2023 Mo Ibrahim Fellow is the Bank’s High 5 areas (lighting up and powering Africa; Feeding Africa; Industrializing Africa; Integrating Africa and Improving the quality of life for the people of Africa).
- The key competences are top notch professional experience in private sector and strong policy analytical skills at all levels and ability to run models.
- The Fellowship is for young professionals, mid-career or/and new executives.
The Fellow must:
- Have outstanding academic credentials backed by a minimum of a Master’s Degree from a recognized institution in Banking, Business, Economics or other Social Sciences, Finance, International Development, or in any other discipline relevant to the Bank’s Business;
- Have relevant and demonstrable work experience, strong communication skills, demonstrated leadership skills and ability to work with others;
- Have at least 7 (seven) years’ work experience relevant to the Bank’s activities;
- Demonstrate proven leadership and consultative skills;
- Be national of an African country, residing anywhere in the world;
- Not be an active, non-active, retired, or separated staff member of the Bank;
- Not have close family relations with an active or non-active staff member, such as mother, father, sister and brother;
- Government officials, active military personnel and political party leaders are not eligible;
- Age limit is forty (40) years for men and women and forty-five (45) years for women with children;
- Have experience in strategic planning, project management and execution;
- Have experience in formulating policy, and developing and implementing new strategies and procedures;
- Demonstrate strong ability to analyze and interpret financial and other data;
- Excellent written and oral presentation skills;
- Demonstrate ability to communicate and interact with officials at all levels of government and to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community;
- Demonstrate ability to motivate teams and simultaneously manage several projects.
Application Closing Date
21st October, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to pply online
The Application Process
- Interested candidates should complete the online form at the Bank’s website: https://www.afdb.org/en/vacancy/2023-mo-ibrahim-foundation-leadership-fellowship-program-53737
- Applicants must apply online before the deadline.
- Applications will only be considered if they are submitted on line with a comprehensive Curriculum Vitae (CV) indicating date of birth, nationality, education and relevant experience.
- Applicants must also attach copies of academic transcripts and three letters of recommendation.
- The selection process will include the Bank’s Human Resources Department carrying out an initial vetting of applications to develop a short list of ten (10) applicant files to be further reviewed by the Foundation. A short list of three (3) candidates will be presented to the President of the Bank (or his designate) for final selection.
- Only applicants who fully meet the Bank’s requirements and are considered for interview will be contacted.
Important Information and Notice
- This position is not a regular position of the African Development Bank.
- The contract for this assignment is for a period of one (1) year and is not renewable. Funding is provided by the Mo Ibrahim Foundation (MIF).
- Should you encounter technical difficulties in submitting your application, please send an email with a precise description of the issue and/or a screenshot showing the problem to: HR Direct: HRDirect@AFDB.ORG
See Also: Mèassive Employment Opportunities at the Borno State Ministry of Health and Human Services
JOBS YOU MAY ALSO LIKE TO APPLY
- The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work to be performed by people assigned to it.
- They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
- All personnel may be required to perform other responsibilities in addition to those specified from time to time, as needed.
- We do not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it.
- Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web.
- We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity inclusion. We do not discriminate on grounds of colour, race, nationality, religion, age, ethnic origin, disability, gender, marital status, or sexual orientation in our employment practices
- Our people are all equally gifted in unique ways: we come from diverse traditions, personal experiences and points of view. And we want to include yours, Are you ready to inspire us with your ideas?
- We encourage all applicants to apply and does not practice any discrimination in any recruitment process.
- Applications submitted after the deadline will not be considered.
- Due to the urgency of the position, we have the right to recruit a candidate who matches the required profile before the above deadline
- Only qualified candidates will be invited for interview
- PINNACLE REPORT Is A Nigeria Online Media Platform, That share daily updates on available Jobs, vacancies, local and international scholarships, Government/international organization loans and grants.
- we can not assist any applicant secure a job, loan, grant or scholarship. We only share the information for interested persons to apply.
- Our admins will never call any applicant requesting for payment of my kind or request for any OTP code. Our services are absolutely free of charge. Beware of fraudsters
For more information, kindly drop any question in the comment box below.
Or kindly share through the WHATSAPP, TWITTER, FACEBOOK and LINKEDIN buttons below, you might help someone get a job. Thanks
To get our Jobs Update directly to your Phone, kindly follow us on WhatsApp-https://chat.whatsapp.com/I5ROWauDr0X8nbdPJSomFI
Or Kindly Join our telegraph Group via this link: https://t.me